The fifth edition of the World Ayurveda Congress (WAC) is scheduled to be held at Lal Parade Ground, Bhopal from 7th to 10th December 2012. It is expected to consolidate the momentum created by the successive editions of the Congress and enhance the popularity of Ayurveda across the globe. This world summit jointly organised by Vijnana Bharati and Govt. of Madhya Pradesh being true to its past record would bring diverse stakeholders of Ayurveda on a common, meaningful and popular platform.
Objectives of the 5th World Ayurveda Congress
Having established itself as a major platform, this edition of the WAC will strive towards achieving the following goals:
- To facilitate acceptance and recognition of Ayurveda as a complete healthcare system adoptable in all countries across the globe.
- To create appropriate platform for scientific basing of Ayurveda along with suitable infrastructure to popularize the outcomes
- To create interest groups across 30 countries including those in the European Union, Soth-east Asian nations, the United Arab Emirates and North America
- To formulate international peer-view panels in basic and medical sciences for credible guidance and validation of research
- To initiate the creation of a network of medicinal institutions, laboratories and universities across the world aiding joint research and creating a database of management efficacy of Ayurveda.
- To facilitate Shishya in meeting his Guru and for Business to explore opportunity with business and the first ever attempt to have Government to Government interaction with a single focus ;- Ayurveda
- Look at options for more meaningful role for Ayurveda in public health at State and Central Government levels.
- Showcase technical advancements by way of poster sessions, record the papers presented and launch online database for essential Ayurvedic references.
- Arogya Expo will bring the consumer in close interaction with physicians, industry and a reservoir of knowledge on the best options in healthcare through Ayurveda
- Formulation of a policy to address the challenges faced by the traditional healers in documenting their wisdom.
- Bio resource security and availability – medicinal plants in sustainable non-GMO form and with an organic tag or minerals, metals and animal bi-products will have focus in the symposium.
Madhya Pradesh - the heart of India
Madhya Pradesh known as the heart of India is situated in central India. Housing the magnificent Vindhyachal mountain range, river valleys and plateau, Madhya Pradesh is famous for its wonderful art ,craft, music and dance. Besides historical monuments, carved temples, forts and palaces the state has many painted rock-shelters. World famous Khajuraho temples, Pachmarhi hill station known as “Satpura ki Rani”, Marble Rocks, Dhuandhar Falls, Kanha National Park and Bandhavgarh National Park with its prehistoric caves are popular tourist spots.
World Ayurveda Congress at a glance
Vijnana Bharati sincerely appreciate the contributions of diverse stakeholders who participated in the previous editions of WAC, making it a grand success. The 5th edition of the Congress invites all interested delegates to its academic and business sessions and associate events. Vijnana Bharati will be going through the process of constituting the national steering committee and the state working committee. These bodies will have the participation from Government, Research Institutions, Ayurvedic Physicians, scholars, industry, cultivators, NGOs and students to make the 5th World Ayurveda Congress & Arogya Expo 2012 a stepping stone in realising the infinite potential of Ayurveda.
Visit www.ayurworld.org for a step by step update.